Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping the scoop, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- In this video, we are going to walk through…the process of unwrapping our scoop geometry…which as has been the case for most everything…we have created here…should be fairly simple and straight forward.…After selecting our mesh…then let's jump into isolate mode.…Add UVW map and unwrap UVW modifies to the stack.…And then come into etch of object mode on the unwrap.…Coming to the back of our mesh…let's select a single edge on each side…of the original plane…making sure that we are selecting just the back of the shell…here and not the front.…
So, selecting the left, right, top, and bottom edges.…Let's click the loop command…which should give us a continuous loop…all the way around the back of our scoop…which obviously is going to be more hidden than the front.…We can then convert the selection to seams…down in the quick peel roll out.…Press the three key to enter polygon object mode.…Click to the select the polygon on the front of scoop…and then choose the expand selection to seams option.…
After which, we can click the quick peel button.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.