- Having taken care of the wooden portions…of our crate model, time in this video…to take a look at unwrapping the nails.…To do that, let's select one of the nails here…and come into Isolate mode by clicking on…the Isolate selection toggle.…Over in the Command panel,…I'm going to drop down the Modifier List,…start to type unwrap, and press Enter to select…the Unwrap UVW modifier.…And then come into Edge of Object mode.…Now unlike the box-based geometry…that we have been unwrapping so far,…our nail here has, as you well know,…been constructed from a cylinder.…
And so we'll need a slightly different approach.…After hitting F3 to see our edges a little better then,…let's select the ring of edges on the back here…and use the Loop XY Edges button.…What this will do is separate the point or tip of the nail…from the nail head.…And the reason for this being that,…as we're never going to see behind the nail in a game,…we already have the perfect spot…in which to place our UV seam.…Let's convert the edge selection over to Seams then,…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.