Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Unwrapping the head, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Narrator] For the final step in creating the…low poly version of our robots head,…we will of course want to go ahead,…no pun intended,…and take care of the UVW mapping for that piece.…In fact, because of the way in which we've…constructed things here, doing so should be quite simple.…Now, for some as of yet undetermined reason,…my version of 3ds Max really doesn't like me using…the quick peel option on this particular mesh…as it constantly crashes the application.…Now, this may or may not be the case for you.…
And so if your copy of 3ds Max doesn't crash,…you can skip this next step.…Because to work around the problem,…I'm going to convert to an editable mesh here…before moving on.…Collapsing a mesh is always a good first call…when we find operations that cause Max to crash.…Although in this instance,…collapsing to an editable poly didn't help.…Whereas editable mesh, did.…As always, we will start by first of all adding UVW Map…and unwrap UVW modifiers to the geometry,…again, in order to just clean away…any unwanted seams that may be present,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.