Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding state sets, part of 3ds Max 2016 New Features.
- The Camera Sequencer in 3ds Max 2016…is a sort of video switcher built into Max…in which you can have multiple camera angles…and cut between them to create a sequence.…If you're familiar with the Camera Sequencer…in Maya, the concept is similar.…However, there's some key differences…in the capabilities of the Camera Sequencer…in Maya and 3ds Max.…In Maya, the Camera Sequencer is built…on a nonlinear editing module…called the Tracks Editor.…
The 3ds Max Camera Sequencer is built…on a dialogue called State Sets,…which is designed for creating multiple…lighting setups and render passes.…Because of these design differences,…there are different capabilities…in the Camera Sequencers in each program.…For example, in 3ds Max, you can't reuse…animation in the sequence.…You can't cut time out.…You can't slow things down and speed them up.…
Basically, you can't edit.…You can only do straight cuts…in a sort of pseudo-real time.…However, in the 3ds Max Camera Sequencer,…you can make lighting changes…that are shot specific,…something you couldn't do in Maya.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a workspace
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting models
- Mesh smoothing with OpenSubdiv
- Creating a physical camera
- Rendering Bokeh and motion blur effects
- Using the Camera Sequencer
- Working with state sets
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Interface and Templates
3. Physical Camera
4. Camera Sequencer
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.