Conceptualize materials for physically based rendering.
- [Instructor] For fast and easy photo realism,…3DS Max uses a physically based rendering workflow.…And that means that not only are the lights…photometrically accurate,…but the materials are actual simulations…of the way real surfaces respond to light.…So let's learn about the physical material.…We can create it by dragging over…from the materials section in the material map browser,…or we can right-click in the view.…
Right-click and choose materials,…and then the category of general, and physical material.…And a new physical material is created.…I'll double-click its sample to make it larger,…and then double-click its label…to load it into the parameter editor.…I can also minimize it to take up a little bit less space.…So there are some presets…that come with the physical material,…and you can use those to learn how these parameters work.…For example I can choose from the preset list,…glossy paint, and now I've got a preview of glossy paint.…
If I want a larger preview,…I can right-click on that sample,…and choose open preview window.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.