Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding UVW space, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- With a basic understanding in hand then…of why we need UVW Mapping coordinates…in our 3D applications, let's try and pin down…another basic and extremely important concept.…That of how UVW_Space works and how it is…represented and manipulated inside 3ds Max.…Well the first thing we need to understand is…that UVW coordinates neither deal with nor report…distances in the same manner as…the Cartesian XYZ or zed system.…
There, distances are measured in 3D space…using specific real world unit types…and intervals such as feet and inches,…meters and centimeters, and so on.…UVW coordinates by comparison are measured…and reported as a width and height percentage…of the surface to which they are applying.…Rather than working with the aforementioned real…world units, UVW maps instead make…use of values that range from 0 to 1.…Any value reported represents a percentage…of the overall size or distance of the map…surface with 1, of course, being equal…to 100 percent surface size or distance,…assuming that no scaling or tiling of…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.