- Before getting our feet wet as it were,…let's take a look at the RealFlow Production Pipeline…and some of the concepts there.…RealFlow is a standalone application,…meaning that you will perform all of your fluid simulations…in RealFlow itself,…and not in your associated 3D application.…RealFlow does provide connectivity plugins…for many 3D aplication so you can move models and animation…into RealFlow and you can move the RealFlow simulation…results into your 3D program.…
some of the programs that are supported include 3ds Max,…Cinema 3D, Houdini, Lightwave, and Maya.…In this course we'll be briefly looking at 3ds Max…and also spending a fair amount of time in Maya.…In addition to the connectivity plugins RealFlow also…provides renderkit plugins from mental ray that provide…additional functionality related to rendering.…The pipeline basically works like this.…You model and animate in your 3D program.…
Then you can export that model and animation to RealFlow…using either the native SD file format or Alembic.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.