Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The UVW Map modifier: Part two, part of Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Max.
- Having looked at how we apply a UVW Map Modifier…to our geometry and having considered…a number of the mapping types that control…how coordinates are applied or projected,…let's take a look in this video…at some of the extra controls made available to us…for affecting how our mapping coordinates are working.…First of all, we have the ability to resize…our UVW gizmo by means of the length, width,…and height spinners that we see here.…Obviously, as we are currently projecting…in play in our mode here, only two of the three parameters…are available, as the height or depth parameter,…as we may prefer to think of it,…has no corresponding access on a 2D shape.…
If I switched to box, though, you can see…that we do indeed have the option to control that parameter.…We also have the ability on the UVW Map Modifier…to tile our texture interactively.…As we do so, it may appear as if we are performing…the same operation as per our changing…the length and width parameters.…While it's not particular similar, though,…the two are in fact quite different.…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
Textures and Materials in 3ds Maxwith Steve Nelle7h 44m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.