Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video UV mapping the drive shaft, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] Now because this particular piece…of geometry has gotten to be rather well hidden…on the overall mesh,…we don't need to worry too much about seams.…Especially seeing as my texturing tools…of choice are substance based.…So Designer, Painter, and Bitmap to Material.…The chances of our seeing the seams…are probably pretty small.…Especially seeing as those applications give us a number…of ways in which we can hide them.…For those reasons then, I'm not going to worry too much…about them on this particular aspect of our model.…
It is a compromise, but oftentimes when creating assets…for games, especially so when deadlines are tight,…choosing the battles that need to be fought…will be a handy skill to learn.…The important areas of a mesh will of course almost always…be those that are going to be most exposed…to the gameplayer's eyes.…Now we could have performed the unwrap here…before we added the symmetry modifiers.…And then add the symmetries on afterwards.…Meaning the UV data would…of course have been carried with the copied mesh.…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.