Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video UV mapping the support, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] As we have been doing,…and indeed as we will continue…to do throughout the rest of the course,…having modeled the piston arm support…in the previous video,…we are ready now to go ahead and get things unwrapped.…Let's first of all then select the mesh…and apply UVW map and unwrap UVW modifiers to the geometric.…Jump into edge selection mode,…and then select each end of our support.…We want to select the outer chamfered edge here…so as to remove the caps.…And, so, let's use the loop command…and then convert our selections to UV seams,…selecting a single edge on the underneath of our mesh.…
If we hit loop, this carries the selection…all the way around, which,…in this instance, is what we want.…We need to make certain…that none of the edges cross our seams here…as we do not want to split our end UV clusters in half.…We want a continuous selection…from the back seam of the model…all the way to the front,…but, once we have this,…we can convert our selection to seams.…Jumping in to polygons of object mode now,…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.