Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video UV mapping the frame mesh, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this video, we are going to set about…creating the UVW maps that we need for our frame here…and think a little bit about how we can best place these…on our mesh, so as to hide the seams that we create.…Let's go ahead and select our low poly geometry then.…And make sure we are in isolate mode…so that we're working with just our low poly mesh.…After which, we can apply UVW Map and Unwrap UVW modifiers.…I think we will deal first of all with the tube shape…that we have at the top here.…
And so let's come into edge sub-object mode on your…map modifier and click to select the topmost vertical edge…and then choose the loop command in the command panel.…Scrolling down, we can convert the selection to a seam…which is essentially going to help cut our tube…in such a way as to allow us to unfold it completely.…Now we've placed our seam at the top because…now our tread geometry will cover it nicely.…Now because of the way our geometry is shaped,…we can see that the two struts or arms…actually bend out slightly, and that is because…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.