In this video, explore a tour of the State Sets UI.
- [Instructor] Although the boys and girls … at Chaos Group have done a really good job … in terms of setting up the defaults … for V-Ray's Render Elements in Max, … there are, as you would probably expect, … still parameters that need tweaking on a … scene by scene and sometimes even shot by shot basis. … In this video, then, … we're going to take a look at … setting up the options for the elements … that we're using. … And so, when the Render Elements tab … of the Render Setup dialog, … if I just select the Z-Depth Element, … we can jump into the parameters rollout … that we looked at earlier in the course, … and set up the values that we need, which in this case, … because I will probably want … to create quite a shallow depth of field effect … would be a starting point of about 30 centimeters … and an endpoint of 120. … Let's then start … to rename our light select elements in pairs. … So, to key, to overhead, and so on. … After which we can add the attribute names … these being direct diffuse and direct specular. …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.