Manipulate objects in 3D space.
- [Instructor] To aid in our exploration…of the 3ds Max tools…I am providing this scene of a modern office.…We can use that to practice transforming objects…moving, rotating and scaling them.…If you don't have the exercise files,…then you can just create a few primitives…and then use those to practice the transforms.…So, the transform tools are found…on the main toolbar.…We have move, rotate and scale.…
We can choose the move tool…and then click on an object in any viewport.…In this scene I've frozen…most of the geometry, in other words,…I've made it impossible to select everything…except for a few objects…such as the furniture.…We'll look at how to freeze and unfreeze objects…later in the course…but for now let's just take a look at how to manipulate…or transform objects.…So, in the top left and front views.…
I can move objects in the space of the viewport itself…and that's going to be an orthographic viewport…meaning that it doesn't indicate depth,…it's a 2D view,…so when we select an object here,…we're moving that object…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.