When working at creating materials, we can easily become dis organized and so waste time searching through materials in a scene in order to work on them. Because of this we want to make sure we do a little bit of set up here before we begin the texturing process.
- [Voiceover] Now whiles the whole point of this course…is to help demonstrate just how easily…the V-Ray ATI engine can be employed…as a production renderer…it would be rather silly to pretend that it can do…everything that the V-Ray Production engine can…because that simply is not true.…The gaps in the feature sets are getting smaller and smaller…but it is still the case at least at the time…of this recording that there are a number of things…including maps and materials that are just not supported…by V-Ray ATI at this moment in time…particularly so when it comes to rendering on the GPU.…
For a complete list of supported features…we can do no better than check out Chaos Group's…documentation page currently found at this address.…wIndeed as we look down the list of unsupported features…on ATI GPU there really isn't anything missing here…that would cause us a problem on this particular project.…Although there are of course certain features that I would…definitely want to have available on other projects…features such as support for 3ds Max's…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.