For the dolls, we want to create the look of a hand painted wood that has some form of gloss coat applied to it. To do that we will use hand painted bitmaps for the diffuse and bump channels and then use the materials reflectivity settings to give us the glossy overcoat that we want.
- [Voiceover] Now despite what you may have heard said,…highly detailed and extremely complex material trees…are not always the best approach on certain projects,…even when trying to create, what I like to term,…photographic looking renders, a high level…of material complexity, in terms of…the material tree that is, may not always be required,…which is why we're going to create materials…for the products that we have here, and of course,…the backdrop fabric we have already worked on…in as high quality, and yet, as quick and easy…a manner as possible.…
To start with then, let's right click…and create a new view in the slate material editor,…calling it main doll.…Now we could create new views for every single material…that we need in our scene, but to be honest,…the number of tabs that we would end up using…could get out of hand pretty quickly,…which is why I prefer to use views…in the slate material editor for major material grouping.…So in this case, our main doll.…As we will be creating a number of materials for her,…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.