Convert a mental ray scene to ART
- [Voiceover] The scene converter is a simple tool…to allow you to convert your existing…Mental Ray or V-Ray scenes into an ART rendering.…It converts all of the materials…to physical and also does a few other things…behind the scenes, such as change…the exposure and the type of sun and sky.…I've got a scene already prepared…that's set up for Mental Ray.…Let's open that from the file open menu.…In our current Project Scenes folder…05_04_scene_converter.max.…
As I said, it's all set up for Mental Ray.…Let's do a test rendering.…In our Render Setup, I just wanna point out that…we are doing a draft quality rendering…with low final gathering settings.…I have focus on the physical camera…view port and click render to do…a quick test render.…So you can get an idea of what this would…look like if you did a full production render.…I'll show you a cleaner rendering of this later.…Here's our draft quality Mental Ray rendering.…
I'm gonna make a clone of this so I can compare it later.…I'm just gonna minimize it, and I just wanna…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.