Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Swapping out the bitmap input, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Narrator] Now whilst the ground material…that we have created here may work…fine for this particular scene,…let's assume that we have decided that…something is missing, and so we want…to quickly try another look for our material.…Well with the bitmap2material node in Max,…this is as simple as swapping out…the input bitmap that we've been using,…and making a few tweaks to the settings that we have.…As our first port of call, then,…let's hit the M key to open up the material editor,…and in the Ground Material tab,…hold down the Shift key whilst we…left-click and drag to create a copy…of the bitmap node that currently houses our grass image.…
I'm creating a copy here because we may well…want to come back to this version, and so it makes sense…to keep it available at least for now.…Using the still-attached version then,…let's double-click to load up its parameters…and from the exercise files, scene assets,…images, and bitmap2material3 folders,…we can select the Moss_Floor.jpg file that we have there.…Now something that may strike us about this image…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.