In this video, learn how to illuminate a scene with studio lighting.
- [Instructor] Any presentation is an experience…designed for an audience.…Some presentations have a scientific rigor about them.…Forensic reconstructions are an example…where objective representation is very important.…Other presentations such as advertisements…and sales pitches rely more on theatrical flair…and artistic interpretation.…Studio lighting is a photographic discipline…that uses a variety of techniques…to portray subjects in particular ways…to art direct the image.…
Usually the aim is to produce a particular…emotional response in the viewer.…Studio lights generally exist outside…the narrative frame of the image.…They are non diegetic scene elements.…Lights can be placed and sized anywhere…to achieve desired artistic outcomes.…Studio lighting is a great example…of using subtle artificial effects…to enhance visual interest and establish a mood.…Practical light or available light…is almost never very interesting.…
Real world photographers have been enhancing reality…for nearly 200 years.…And painters of course have been doing it since forever.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.