We are ready now, to make some final tweaks to the positioning of our dolls so as to try and improve the final look of our overall composition of the scene. Some simple adjustments to the rotation of the dolls using our animation rigs, can make a big difference to the overall look of the finished piece.
- [Voiceover] With the majority of problems…in our scene hopefully ironed out, time now to focus…on the subject of our shots here,…and put some work into refining the poses on our dolls.…Now of course, as we know (mumbles) we are very limited here…in terms of what we can actually do with our characters,…but I think with just a little bit of tweaking,…we can make our composition quite a bit stronger.…To do that, let's unhide our dolls' controller layers,…select the main doll's master controller,…and then using the rotate tool, set to local axis mode…with angle snap turned on, turn both the doll…and her umbrella into the space on the right…by rotating about 15 degrees on the local zed axis.…
If I grab the head controller next,…we can rotate minus 15 degrees again on the zed axis,…tilt by five degrees on the local y,…and then add five degrees to the local x rotation.…Grabbing the head controller of the background doll…on the right, let's tilt down by 10 degrees,…and then have her look off to the outside of the frame…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.