Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Streamlining the 3ds Max interface, part of 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Streamlining the 3ds Max interface…is pretty important with version 2015…because we have a lot of extraneous panels that…are kind of in the way,…and we wanna get those off the screen…so we can work more effectively.…First and foremost is the Modeling ribbon.…It's currently collapsed, it's semi-minimized here.…I can open it up further so we can see the entire ribbon.…Unless you're doing modeling with Editable Poly…or painting objects onto a surface, for example,…unless you're doing those sorts of techniques,…then you don't want to have the Modeling ribbon visible.…
It's slow and heavy,…and will actually bog down the interface.…It takes up space as well.…I'm going to turn it off.…There's a button here on the Main toolbar…to Toggle the Ribbon.…Click that, and it's hidden.…Next we have this area over here,…which is the Scene Explorer.…This window is similar to Maya's Outliner.…It's a text list of all the objects in the scene.…I would recommend hiding that,…and only opening it as needed.…
In fact you could have multiple copies of it open…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.