Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video State sets explained, part of 3ds Max: Rendering for Composites.
- Having looked already at an extremely powerful…rendering for compositing toolset in 3ds Max,…in the form of render elements,…time in this chapter to move on and take a look…at another, this being state sets.…Now, although the state set tools are by no means…limited to being used inside a compositing workflow…in 3ds Max, the fact that they can function as…a fully featured render pass system certainly makes them…a powerful asset when doing so.…The tool set can be accessed from either the rendering menu,…where we have a state sets entry,…or, if I just right-click on an empty portion…of Max's main toolbar, from the state sets toolbar…that we can enable.…
Here, they're accessed through the state sets button…found on the far left.…The state sets interface gives us,…in a hierarchical tree view, a list of all the states…available in our current scene file.…Now, we do need to understand that by default,…we are always working with state sets in 3ds Max,…whether we open up the state sets UI or not.…And this is because the open scene itself really…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.