In this video, learn about the State Sets toolbar UI.
- [Instructor] As we did with the render elements … that we looked at in the previous chapter, … we're going to take a few minutes out of these point … to explore the various controls available … inside the State Sets UI. … Starting first of all, with the State Sets toolbar itself. … Now, if you don't already have this open, … you can do that as noted in the previous exercise … by right clicking on an empty portion of the main toolbar … and selecting the State Sets option from the menu. … On this quick access toolbar, looking from left to right, … we have the main State Sets UI toggle, … which can be used to turn the main State Sets dialogue … both ON and OFF again with ON being what we want for now, … given that I also want to add a couple of new states … to the list using the, Add State button, … which uses this plus symbol as its icon. … With the dialogue open and with a State Set as active, … we can come back to the State Sets toolbar … and note that we now gain access … to another two button options. …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.