Each of the videos in this chapter explores the render elements by name and examines the available parameters and their possible uses.
- [Instructor] Having already looked at an important part … of the rendering for compositing tools … set inside 3ds Max and V-Ray in the form of render elements. … What we want to do in this chapter … is take a look at another potential part of this equation. … This being State Sets. … A system inside 3ds Max that gives us the ability … to track and record certain changes within a scene. … And although the State Set tools … are by no means limited to being used … as part of a compositing workflow, … the fact that they can function … as a fully featured render pass system when needed … certainly makes them a powerful asset … for doing so in conjunction with V-Ray Next. … The tools can be accessed from the Rendering menu … where we see a State Sets entry, … or if I right click on an empty portion … of Max's main toolbar from the State Sets toolbar … that we can enable from there. … With the button found on the far left of the toolbar, … opening up the main State Sets dialog for us. … This, giving us in a hierarchical tree view, …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.