In this video, learn about the State Sets dialogue UI.
- [Instructor] Whilst the State Sets toolbar … that we looked at in the previous exercise … can be a quick and easy way to work … with the basic tool set inside our scenes. … The main dialogue itself is probably … where we will be doing the bulk of our State Sets work. … And so let's in this particular exercise, … take a look at the tools, … and options that can be found there. … With that open then, the first thing we can see … is that we have three menu options … with each relating to a different aspect of the way … in which State Sets can be utilized inside the project. … So the furthest right option, … and one that we won't actually be making use of … in this course is the camera sequence of that was added … as a part of the 3DS Max 2015 subscription drop. … This when enabled giving us access to a tree view … that lists all available shot cameras in the scene. … And so if I go ahead and add three new physical cameras … to the top viewport in the scene … via the create tab in the command panel. …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.