Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The State Sets UI, part of Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Max.
- As with the Render Element options…that we looked at in the previous chapter,…we're going to take a few minutes in this video…to explore the various controls…that are available inside the Statesets_UI.…Starting first of all with the State Sets tool by itself.…Now if you don't already have this open,…you may recall from the previous exercise…that in order to access it,…all we need to do is right click…an empty portion of the main toolbar…and select the State Sets option from the menu.…Mine as you can see if hiding just a little off screen…due to the capture resolution we're using here.…
So I'm just going to turn off…my Ribbon UI…and then dark my State Sets controls…just below the main toolbar.…Here on the quick access toolbar,…from left to right,…we have the main State Sets UI toggle,…which can be used to turn the main State Set controls…on and off.…With those open,…and with a State active,…we then get access to another two controls.…The first of these being the active State toggle,…which is essentially a global override switch…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.