Choose internal units and control spatial accuracy.
- [Narrator] As we saw in the previous movie, changing the…display units changes the system of measurement, but it…doesn't actually change the size of objects, it doesn't…scale the world.…But there is a way to change the scale of the world and the…accuracy of spacial calculations by adjusting…the system units.…I've got this one cubic meter box here in my world, I'll…select that, go over to the modify panel in order to display…its parameters, now we're seeing that it has a size of 100…centimeters on a side.…
Let's go back into the customized menu to units setup, and…just for this particular demonstration, I'm going to set the…display units scale, it's in meters, and click okay, and now…it's reading out as one meter, go back in there again,…customize unit setup, and let's play with this…system units setup.…And that's a big button at the top of the setup dialogue…box, click on that, and it launches a child window.…Here we can set the internal accuracy of 3DS Max.…
We can interpret a system unit of any size we want, and that…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.