In this video, learn about the software needed for this course so that we are all on the same page before beginning.
- To ensure that we are all on the same page as it were, whilst we work through this course, or maybe even to explain why some discrepancies may exist between the software that you were using and what you were going to see inside these video presentations. I want to very quickly highlight for you the software versions that I am going to be using whilst producing the training that can be found in this course. Which will be the vanilla install of 3DS Max 2021. So no Autodesk updates applied along with V-Ray Next update 3.2. So V-Ray version 4.30.02. Now you could probably use 3DS Max versions 2017 through to 2020 here without coming across any significant differences in UI or features as we will use them inside Max with the same mostly being true for any version of V-Ray Next that you use as well. That having been said, it does make sense for you to use the exact same versions of Max and V-Ray as I do, if that is at all possible. If you do come across any slight discrepancies, though, it will most likely be that you are using a different version of the software than I am. As I say, though, this shouldn't present too much if any of a problem at all, regarding your being able to follow along with and benefit from the training that is found here.
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.