Smoothing the thread can be done a number of ways, with the crease set modifier we can assign different crease weights to the root as well as the crest of the bolt thread, this means that it will be more interesting to our eyes as well as more realistic when the camera gets close to the object.
- [Instructor] The final phase of creating…our threaded piece head will involve…first of all setting up the creasets…that we're going to use to control…the smoothing that we will be applying…and then of course adding that smoothing…by means of the open sub-div modifier.…With edit poly selected in the modify stack then…let's use our modify buttons to apply…both presets and open sub div modifiers to the match.…We can set our open sub div iterations to three…and then on the creasets modifier jump into…edge sub-object mode and turn…the show end result feature of.…
The first thing we want to do here is setup the creasing…on the root of our thread.…Essentially the part that makes up the main body…of the bump.…Now because we have made a series of cuts on this mesh,…we have partially broken some of the edge loops…that we would want to use.…Basically anywhere that we have cut to a try…is likely to be a point at which the loop now terminates.…And this isn't a big deal but it does mean that…we will have to select a number of edges…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.