Delete vertices without deleting faces.
- [Instructor] Continuing with our modeling…of this monitor or all-in-one PC,…we want to add some thickness to the monitor glass,…which is currently just a flat plane.…But before we can do that,…we need to remove some excess geometry.…Select the monitor glass object.…And then hide everything else…by clicking on the isolate selection button.…And now we can go to work on this.…And if you try to select a subobject mode…on the ribbon right now, you might not be able to…unless you have the Modify panel visible.…
This is something that's not immediately obvious,…so if you have an issue with entering into the tools…for the ribbon, just make sure that the Modify panel…is currently active.…And then we can go into vertex subobject mode,…and we can see that there are a lot of excess vertices here.…If we just delete them, then we'll also delete the polygon.…If I drag a rectangle to select some of those…and press the Delete key on the keyboard,…I delete those vertices, but I also delete that polygon.…
That's not going to work, so undo that with Undo.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.