Crease edges without changing topology.
- [Instructor] Edge creasing is a way to introduce…sharp angles into a subdivision surface model…without increasing its level of detail.…One way to produce sharp corners on a sub-d model…is to have edge loops very close to one another.…But when you do that you're going to increase…the level of detail, and you may not want to do that.…Let's take a look.…I'll select the seat cushion,…and once again have the Modify panel displayed.…I want it to be at the level of the editable poly…with Show End Result enabled.…
Let's go into Edge Sub-Object mode.…I want to create a new edge loop down here…to separate the cushion from the plastic hardware…that's supporting the cushion itself.…To do that, I can use Swift Loop on the Ribbon.…I can position the cursor to get a preview…of this new edge loop,…and then click to create the edge loop.…Right-click to exit out of Swift Loop.…And that edge is still selected,…and we can play around with it.…
Let's go to the Scale tool, and we want to use…the Pick coordinate system once again,…as we saw earlier in the course,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.