Insert and transform sub-objects to define the form.
- [Instructor] Subdivision surface modeling…is a special case of polygon modeling,…which means that all of the ordinary polygon modeling tools…that you're used, to will be applied…just fine in this context.…So, far I've been using the modify panel…but let's open up the modeling ribbon as well,…I'll display that by clicking on the show ribbon button…on the main toolbar.…And if we select our seat cushion,…if we don't have the modify panel display…we won't see much here.…
We need to make sure that the modify panel is visible.…And even so, we don't see all of our tools.…And this is once again as we learned earlier…due to the way that the modeling ribbon…has been added to the 3ds Max tool set…and it is a way to access the editable poly tools.…But we have to have an editable poly…or edit poly selected in order to get at those tools.…
So, here in my modifier list you'll see…that I have an editable poly object.…And if I select that and turn on show end result…and enter into some sub object modes such as edge,…then we can see that we have…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.