Design Physical Materials for ART rendering
- [Voiceover] 3DS Max now features a new renderer…known as Autodesk Raytracer, or ART.…It's a physical simulation of the way light…bounces off of surfaces.…It works in conjunction with a material…known as the physical material.…I've got that in the material editor already.…We'll open up slate material editor.…I've got a standard diffuse white,…and double-click on that to expose its parameters.…It's the familiar standard material.…Then I've got a physical material.…Double-click on that.…You'll see that it's kind of reminiscent of the mental ray…arch and design, including some presets.…
We'll get back to that in a minute.…In order to get a valid preview…in this slate material editor…we need to switch our renderer over to ART,…because the physical material will render…in the scanline renderer,…but it won't look right.…It's really only supported by newer and smarter renderers,…such as ART, Iray, mental ray, and V-ray.…Let's go over to our setup.…We've got render setup here.…And swap the renderer out,…instead of scanline renderer,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.