Lets add another simulation to our shot to help enhance the overall quality, this will be in the form of a particle system that references our petal fbx meshes and passes them through a number of forces such as add wind and gravity, as well as add a means of getting the petals to land in the correct orientation via some key particle flow operators.
- [Voiceover] Now while some people may try to tell you…that simple Camera moves such as Dolly, Truck, and even…the much-overused Architectural Walkthrough are old-hat…and so really shouldn't be used anymore, the truth is that…there are plenty of projects on which these simple animation…approaches are more than enough to satisfy…the needs of the client.…Are they as technically challenging or artistically…fulfilling as some of the cooler, more sophisticated…Camera moves and tricks that we could use?…Absolutely not, but if they are what the client, or perhaps…more importantly, what the Project itself wants or needs,…then we should never be afraid to make use of them.…
That having been said, however, there is no reason why we…can't look at the simple motion that we have created here,…and try to enhance the shots by introducing a little bit…of extra motion to the frames.…Now, doing this can be a little tricky, because if we're not…careful, and if we don't exercise good artistic judgment,…then we can easily end up overdoing things, and instead…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Up and Running with mental ray in 3ds Maxwith Brian Bradley4h 7m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.