Most models can be created as a whole, but sometimes it''s much easier to break down a model into what I will call components, and then rebuild the model to be left with a more complex piece of geometry.
- Having set up our work space in the previous…exercise, we are ready now to make a start at…creating our screw thread component.…Now, it is possible, especially so if you are…somewhat new to hard surface modeling in general…that you may be a little bit confused by the way…in which we start to create our geometry here.…Hopefully, though, by the end of the video…you will be able to see just where we are…going with this.…Indeed, when it comes to hard surface modeling…in general, is is a fact that we sometimes need…to think a little bit outside the box as it where.…
Imagining multiple ways we could create the final…effect that we want.…In this instance, we're going to create our…screw thread by starting with a plain primitive.…In the create tab of the command panel then,…inside the geometry section we want to activate…the plane option and, then holding down the shift…key, right click in our view port in order to gain…access to our snap settings.…Inside the snap toggle quadrant, we want to…make sure everything is turned off except for…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.