Our multi matte elements are going to be key in terms of giving us the ability to adjust individual portions of our renders, without having to resort to a lot of hard work on our part creating masks and such. This simple and yet effective solution is well worth the time it takes to set them up inside 3ds Max.
- [Voiceover] With all of the object IDs…correctly assigned in the scene,…we can finish our work on the render elements…by setting the parameters for the multimattes…that we have already added.…Now, the concept behind a multimatte element…is very simple in that it is designed…to efficiently store three completely different mattes…in a single RGB image.…The contents of which will, in this instance,…be determined by the unique object ID values…that have been assigned to the geometry in the scene.…What we need to do then, is marry each of the object Ids…in the scene to the particular multimatte element…that we want it to be paired with.…
Probably the most sensible first step, then,…is to rename the multimattes that we have.…Inside the Render Elements tab…of the Render Setup dialogue, then,…let's call our first multimatte element…MM, for multimatte, Main Doll Head.…The second, we can call MM Main Doll Body.…The third, MM Left Doll Head.…The fourth will naturally be MM Left Doll Body and Umbrella.…The fifth and sixth will be Right Doll Head…
- What is V-Ray RT?
- Using RT as an ActiveShade renderer
- Taking the options further
- Setting up a V-Ray RT project in 3ds Max
- Adding geometry and cameras
- Creating animation with V-Ray RT
- Setting up a particle system and deflectors
- Adding lighting
- Texturing and adding materials
- Adding render elements
- Adjusting render element parameters
- Compositing in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to V-Ray RT
2. Project—Setting Up the Scene
3. Project—Creating Animation
4. Project—Setting up the Lighting
5. Project—Working with Materials
6. Project—Working with V-Ray RT & Render Elements
7. Project—Compositing in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.