Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the launchers, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
Having already spend some time reconnoitering our scene, determining which…modifiers need applying to our geometry, it's time now to get into the…nitty-gritty of applying MassFX modifiers and then setting up their basic…parameters so as to get our what simulation moving in the right direction.…Once again I'm going to switch to our Launcher camera.…I'm going to do this by using the C keyword shortcut and then selecting that…particular camera from the list.…This really puts us in a good position from which we can select most of the…required pieces of geometry for the simulation of the launchers themselves.…
Now just checking the notes we've made, I'm thinking the launcher tubes would…probably make a good place to start.…As these can be selected without orbiting the view, I'm just going to left-…mouse-click to select the first in line and then holding down the Ctrl key, I'm…just going to click to add the other three to my selection.…If you remember, we noted that as the launchers are going to be just static…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.