Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the hammock's physical properties, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
The physical properties we assign to objects inside any kind of simulation will…always play a big part in determining the behavior and believability of those…objects as they simulate.…Before we get into lots of micro-tweaking regarding other aspects of an mCloth,…or indeed any MassFX simulation, we do need to spend some time considering and…then setting up the physical properties of our objects.…In this video we will take a quick overview of the mCloth physical property…options available to us.…
Let's select our mCloth object then and come over to the Command panel.…If we scroll down a little in our mCloth modifier properties, you can see we have…a Physical Fabric Properties rollout.…The first option, Gravity Scale, is a multiplayer for the gravitational force in the scene,…assuming of course that we do have global gravity enabled.…This is a value we would increase if we, for instance, needed to simulate…something like the effect of wet or heavy cloth.…Typically though, we will leave this value set at 1.0.…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.