Set up a camera without an aim point.
- [Instructor] We've seen how to create…a physical camera that has a target.…Now, let's talk about free cameras.…We can have a standard camera without a target,…or a physical camera without a target,…but the creation method is…different for each one of those.…Let's look at the standard camera.…Go to the Create panel, to cameras,…and we can create a free standard camera.…Click on that button,…and you want to click in the front or side view,…not in the top view,…because the camera is going to be created…looking into the current viewport.…
So, I'm just going to click once in the front viewport,…and that standard camera is created.…Right click to exit creation mode,…and we can load that camera into a viewport.…This one over here.…So, where it says physical camera,…we can choose a different camera.…Camera 001, that's a standard camera.…Now we're looking through that camera's lens.…We can grab the move tool,…and go up to the top view,…which is our plan, and position that camera.…We also can rotate it,…rotate it in the top view.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.