Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the drop system, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
With the static rigid bodies on the launcher assembly taking care of, we need…to work now with the nonstatic, or moving, pieces of geometry in our simulation.…So let's first of all set up the rigid body modifiers for our spheres.…Because we may well want to tweak the properties for each ball individually…throughout the simulation, we really need this time to add unique modifiers to…each of the geometry pieces.…Remember, according to our notes, we do need to initially set these objects up as…kinematic rigid bodies.…
To add the modifiers, because these are not instanced objects, we will need all…of the spheres to be selected.…So let's hold down the Ctrl key and then, using the left mouse button, we can…click to select each of them.…With the selection made, we can use yet another option available for applying…rigid body modifiers:…this would be 3ds Max's Quad menu system.…To access a MassFX-specific set of quad menus, we need to hold down the Shift…and Alt modifier keys and then right-click anywhere in the viewport.…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.