Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up custom masks for compositing flexibility, part of Rendering Exteriors in 3ds Max.
…When we're rendering for a composite center pipeline, we want…to make sure we have as much flexibility as possible.…For that, we'll use either our render elements, or…in an open EXR image for example, different layers.…This will give us the ability to split out, for example, different objects or…different materials, and apply color correction in…post based on those masks or different elements.…What I'll do is get just an arc and design…material on everything to begin, pressing M for my materials.…In the scene, pressing Ctrl+A and assigning the SP Black to everything.…
I'll turn off my lights, selecting one by pressing H for select…from scene, picking Omni One and just right-clicking and turning it off.…Now when I render, I'll get a black scene with a black house in it.…I'll press F10 and pull up the render setup dialog.…I'll go into the Render Elements section, and there's really two ways to do this.…We can either add in render elements or configure it as part of an open EXR file.…If you'd like to add in render elements, you can click Add.…
- Creating exterior materials
- Adding luster to glass and subtle detail to wood and siding
- Positioning the sun with the Daylight system
- Lighting using HDR imagery
- Lighting interior spaces
- Fine-tuning the photographic exposure
- Rendering and optimizing rendering
- Creating an ambient-occlusion rendering pass with custom materials
- Setting up additional rendering passes for compositing purposes
- Compositing and adding post effects in Nuke and After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating Exterior Materials
2. Rendering in Daylight
3. Lighting Night and Dusk Shots
4. Adjusting Rendering Settings
5. Lighting and Rendering Additional Passes for Compositing
Rendering the image passes3m 49s
6. Compositing and Post Effects in Nuke
7. Compositing and Post Effects in After Effects
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.