- [Instructor] I will be using the VRay physical camera.…For that I will go to the Create panel…and to the Camera rollout, drop down,…and I will choose VRay and I will choose…VRay physical camera, go to my top viewport,…just zooming out and I will create a camera here…about this size, go to Perspective viewport,…press C and move that camera upward…by using the middle mouse button.…Now all I need to do is just adjust that camera…according to my reference image…and something like this should do the job.…
Now this shot,…actually the perspective in the reference…is kind of off for me, so I will be looking…for something like this and maybe…just slightly readjusting the view.…This would give me a really nice view of the structure,…maybe just slightly rotating it.…You can just play around with the angle…that you will be happy with.…It's just a matter of time.…So once you have your camera set,…I want you to just write Camera here…for a quick selection.…Now what this helps in, if you don't have Camera here,…and you want to make any change to the camera,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.