- [Instructor] To quickly setup my VRay render,…I will press F10 on my keyboard…to bring the render setup on the screen.…Here I have set the resolution to 800 by 600,…which is temporary for the testing purposes.…Later I will change that to 1920 by 1080…and my view will also be adjusted accordingly.…I will scroll down…and here in my assigned render I will change the render…to advanced advanced VRay 3.2.…Now if you're using the older version…or the newer version,…all these settings should work absolutely fine.…
Now I will quickly take you through my settings.…I'll go to the VRay tab…and in my frame buffer I'm just making sure…that enable built in frame buffer is checked…and memory frame buffer is checked.…Now I want to use the frame buffer of VRay…because that provides some extra functionality,…which we are going to discuss in next video.…Here from type, under the image sampler,…I will change that to adaptive.…Now in previous version this is called adaptive DMC…so just click that.…In my filter, by default it's been checked as area.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.