Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up UV maps for the wheels, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Instructor] In this final video for the chapter,…we're going to look at creating the UVW mapping…for both the drive cylinder and drive wheel objects…that we have created.…To get going, let's drag a marquee selection…over the two pieces of geometry.…We can deselect the high poly versions…as we won't be needing them,…and then jump into Isolate mode.…Now mapping the cylinder itself is,…as you can imagine, going to be a…very quick and easy thing to do,…and so let's just select that and apply a UVW map,…and then unwrap UVW modifiers to it.…
If we come into edge sub-object mode,…and if we press F4 to make sure…we can see edge faces if we need to,…we can select one of the edges on the bottom,…convert the selection to seams,…come into polygon sub-object mode…by pressing the three key,…and after selecting a polygon on the cylinder,…expand the selection up to the seams,…and then click the Quick Peel button.…In the UV Editor window,…let's make sure we have everything selected,…and all we need to do now is come to the Tools menu…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.