Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the Substance plugin, part of Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Asset.
- In this fifth and final chapter for the course,…we are going to take a look at pulling all of our hard work…together and see what the asset that we've been working on…looks like once imported into a game engine.…Now, one thing that we will need to do…before working through this chapter…is publish the Substance that we've been creating.…If you're not familiar with how to go about doing that,…then I recommend you check out chapter three…of my Up and Running with Substance Designer course.…Once you have published out of Substance Designer,…the next step in the process is to come to the…unrealengine.com website.…
You'll want to click to browse the marketplace…and then in the search field,…type the word Substance.…Once we hit enter, one of the options that we see listed…should be this free Substance Plugin,…provided by Allegorithmic themselves.…Clicking on that will take us to the content details page…where we get to read, not only a break down of what…the Substance Plugin is for, but also…which versions of the engine are actually supported.…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.