Define accuracy of spline curves.
- [Narrator] Let's look at the level of detail…for spline objects.…And this is dealt with through a roll out…called interpolation, and that is the filling in…of missing data between known data points.…And in this case, we know where the control vertices…and their tangent handles are and we need…to fill in the blanks for the rest of the curve.…And the higher the interpolation settings,…the better fidelity that curve will have.…So I'll select the cord object.…And we previously enabled enabling renderer…and enabling view port, and we can control…the level of detail in the radial axis…around this spline curve using the number of sides here.…
But the level of detail longitudinally,…along the length here, is controlled…in the interpolation rollout.…So let's look at that.…Open up interpolation, and we have steps.…And this is the number of sub-segments…between control verticis.…And if it helps to visualize this, we can go into…vertex sub-object and we can see the control points.…So maybe look at this from a top-view will be most clear.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.