Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting the scene, part of Learning RealFlow.
- In this chapter, we explore RealFlow's…Hyrbrido fluid solver.…So called because it's a hybrid,…or a mixture between a volumetric voxel-based solver…and a traditional particles system.…Hybrido is best suited for large scale simulations.…In this chapter, we will create a torrent of water…tumbling over a waterfall.…To begin, we need to load in the waterfall model.…Go to the Geometry tab on the shelf…and click Import.…
And I'm taken to my chapter_3, objects folder,…and in there I've included…with the exercise files, an SD file.…Select that. Click Open.…We can back out with the hotkeys.…We can view that, of course, as a shaded object.…And you'll notice that there's that camera in there too.…And this was created in Maya,…and the camera was brought over from Maya, as well.…
When we bring in an object,…we also inadvertently enable some caching,…that we may or may not need.…In this case, we don't need it.…And to save disk space and to prevent clutter…on the hard drive, I can disable that caching.…This'll take us to a window called Export Central,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.