Choose global program options.
- [ Narrator] Also when setting up a new install of 3DS Max,…or a new user, we want to go into the customize preferences…dialogue and make a couple changes in there.…So in the main menu go to customize, preferences.…We have a bunch of tabs here,…by default we'll see the general tab selected…and the scene undo levels as highlighted.…And this is the number of undoes that are stored in memory.…I find that I usually need increase this,…because if I made a mistake in a complicated 3D program…I probably need to go back more than 20 steps.…
I'll set the scene undo to 100,…and of course that will eat more memory,…the higher that number is the more steps…will be stored in RAM.…Down here is layer defaults, I just want to point this out.…This is what I was talking about in an earlier movie,…when we chose the tool options in the customize UI…and defaults options.…And that is the way we want an object to…inherit the properties of its enclosing layer or not.…
And this is currently disabled,…but if I did want objects to inherit display properties…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.