Define Paint preferences.
- [Narrator] Let's go a little bit deeper into the…push pull paint options so that we can control…the direction of deformation…and prevent self intersecting geometry.…I'll select the terrain object…and in the free form tab of the ribbon,…just do a simple push pull sculpt.…Nothing fancy.…I'll set my size to a value of 50,…and strength of one, offset of four,…and drag in here.…
So this is a basic gentle landscape.…Nothing to extreme,…and then exit out of the push pull brush.…And then re-enter that push pull brush…and do another sculpt.…And pretty soon as we start to work,…things get strange.…We see that geometry starts to…even crash into itself or self intersect.…We saw this earlier in the course…and the solution then was to simply relax the mesh.…
But let's now get deeper into this…and understand why it's happening.…The reason why this is happening is the default direction…for deformations is the so called original surface,…and that's the shape of the surface…the last time you activated that particular brush.…And because of that these surfaces, for example,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.