Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting element parameters, part of Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Max.
- With our shot broken down and all…of our render elements now in place,…we need to spend a minute or two…in this video ensuring that all…of our elements are set up correctly…as regards any options or parameters they have available.…To this end, let's simply run down…the active element list here and see…if there are any changes that need to be made.…Well, as we step through and select each…of the A&D elements here, we can see…that their parameters are in fact all identical…having just multiplayer and Apply Shadows options available.…
These, we can quite happily leave just as they are.…The material ID element offers no extra parameters…as it simply bases its output on…already applied material IDs from the scene.…It does however require that we make a decision…as to whether or not we want each…of our mat, and or data passes filtering.…Essentially, anti-aliasing.…By default these are set not to filter…and so if we want anti-aliasing then we will need…to specifically enable it for each of the remaining passes.…
Which we can, in fact, do all in one go.…
- Making a pipeline decision
- Understanding how state sets work
- Using state sets for rendering passes
- Setting element parameters
- Creating a custom matte pass
- Installing Compositor Link
- Outputting rendering footage to After Effects
- Adding post-production effects in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Render Elements
2. Introduction to State Sets
3. Project - Rendering Our Elements
4. Project - Interoperability with After Effects
5. Project - Post Production in Adobe After Effects
What next?1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.