Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting center of gravity, part of Learning RealFlow.
- Our first pass at the simulation…is really overactive.…And if I press Play, you can see…that the Caronte object is generating…ripples in the RealWave,…and it's causing it to kind of behave erratically.…I can settle this down a lot…by simply disabling the effect…that the object has on the RealWave surface.…In other words, I want the RealWave surface…to drive the object and not the other way around.…To accomplish that, I can go…into the RealWave Object interaction global subnode.…
And in its Node Parameters, we can disable the effect…by setting the Max height to a value of 0.…And now, any objects that are connected…to this Object interaction node…are going to not have any effect on the RealWave surface.…Additionally, we can cause the object…to behave a bit more predictably…by changing the position of its center of gravity,…or center of mass, thereby stabilizing it.…Let's reset the simulation…and select the jetski_proxy object.…
And in the rigid body parameters,…you will see @ CG.…This is the position of the center of gravity.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.